Today I’m reviewing a small, motorized camera slider from iFootage, called Shark Slider Mini.
So, here are my thoughts on this camera slider.
- It’s a great slider that offers the most functionality in its price range.
- It allows you full control using the phone app. You can set it up really fast for a timelapse, stop motion or live recording.
- I also like that all the parts are really small, and the complete kit fits in the supplied backpack. Size is often overlooked, but having camera gear that is small and easy to travel with means you will use it more.
- The only negative I can say about this kit is that it can produce micro vibrations when the motorized slider is pushed to its limits. So, you definitely want to check your shots before you pack up and go home.
- If you are planning on using this slider for a whole day, or when doing a timelapse for a long period, then I would definitely recommend getting the USB battery adapter from iFootage. The Sony batteries are just too small to power this slider for a few hour-long timelapses. With the adapter, you can use big USB battery banks that last for more than a day.
Here’s where you can get the slider and power converter
Back in 2016 I reviewed the iFootage S1 Shark slider (bigger, but not motorized). You can see that review here.