Learn how to make music videos on small budgets but with the big budget look. This comprehensive filmmaking tutorial covers everything from concept development, pre-production, storyboarding and equipment choices to the actual filming, editing and special FX. There are over five hours of exclusive content! It is a great tool for any filmmakers or musicians who want to make music videos by themselves.
Directed by: Tom Antos
Format: HD 720p MP4 video files on a 8GB USB drive and/or digital version (streaming and downloading).
Total Running Time: 5 hours and 16 min.
The host Tom Antos is an accomplished film and music video director with over twelve years of experience and several awards to his name. His YouTube filmmaking tutorials have a large international following. In this series of tutorials, you will see step-by-step how he created three music videos that were broadcast internationally.
- Concept Development (and tailoring it to your budget)
- Location and Props
- Actors and Costumes
- Equipment (pro lights vs DIY lights, camera support, filters, camera and lenses)
- Last Minute Preparations (talent release forms, schedule, getting the song ready for playback…)
- Before You Roll (things to do at the start of your shoot day, camera settings…)
- Camera Movement (low budget ways to add production value through different dynamic camera moves)
- Cinematography (detailed lighting and shot composition set-ups)
- Practical In-Camera Effects
- Setting Up Your Editing Project
- VFX (Special Effects done in Adobe After Effects and Maya 3D)
- Color Correction
- Final Output (rendering settings for broadcast, YouTube, etc.)
- Conclusion (how to get work as a director and more)
- EXTRAS: Color Presets, Lighting Diagrams and Talent Release Forms