This is a collection of 20 look-up tables (LUTs) that will quickly transform your footage to give it a cinematic look. Each LUT creates a unique look that can be used on its own, or in combination with your traditional color grading workflow.
The entire collection of looks was created by Tom Antos to aid in his workflow over the past few years. These original looks have been used in numerous films, music videos and documentaries that Tom has worked on.
LUTs are like a magic brush that paint your video to give it a specific look. It’s a simple process of drag and dropping each LUT onto your footage to see if you like the look that it creates. That’s it!
For advanced workflow, you can use standard RGB color curves to further tweak each look.
If you are not sure how LUTs are supposed to be used, then watch this quick video
LUTs can also be used on various field monitors that have LUT support such as the Atomos Shogun or Small-HD DP7-Pro
Compatible with most digital video and stills cameras!
CineColor LUTs work with Rec.709 footage, which is the standard color space. So if your camera shoots in Rec.709, then you can directly apply any of the CineColor LUTs to your footage.
If your camera shoots in a flat LOG profile, like S-Log (Sony A7S, FS-7, etc.), or C-Log (Canon C100, C300, etc), then you can apply one of our additional LUTs, to convert your footage to Rec.709
The CineColor LUTs come with four additional LUTs that will convert your footage to the standard color space (Rec.709):
- LOG – flat color space (BMD Film, RedLogFilm, Cinestyle)
- C-LOG – Canon’s semi-log color space – somewhere between LOG and Rec.709
- S-LOG – Sony’s log color space called S-Log2
- Flat – semi flat color space like the Cinestyle-D on the Panasonic GH4 & other similar cameras
To use the CineColor LUTs, you will need one of the following applications:
- Adobe Premiere CC 2014, 2015 and later versions
- Adobe Speedgrade
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 and later versions
- Adobe After Effects CS5 and later versions
- DaVinci Resolve FULL/lite
- Apple Shake
- Assimilate SCRATCH
- Apple Final Cut Pro X – requires either the LUT Utility or the FCPX LUT Loader (free as of time of writing)
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and later versions (requires LUT Buddy which you can download for free here)
- Final Cut Pro 6,7 (requires LUT Buddy which you can download for free here)
- Apple Motion 3,4 (requires LUT Buddy which you can download for free here)
- or any other application that supports 3D LUTs
List of the LUTs
Dawn on Fire
Fun in the Sun
Green 2 Red
Kodak Vision Cool
Kodak Vision Warm
United in War
If your browser doesn’t display the before-and-after images above, you can also see them here.